Learning in Québec

My photo
I'm someone who began learning French when I was 53. I took a BA in French at 60 but wasn't happy with my level of comprehension (though I read very well). So, having really become comfortable with Spanish only by living on the Mexican border, I'm spending more time in Québec and near the border of Quebec, in Vermont, to see if I can do that here with French. I want to encourage others to do the same.

Wednesday 24 August 2016

La Spirale du Temps, sculpture in Ste Foy


A sculpture by church at
Site patrimonial 
de la Visitation
 This sculpture by Danielle April was one of 30 works that will be inaugurées in 2020.  It was recently installed at side of l'Eglise Notre-Dame-de-Foy.  It honors some 37 families who founded the Notre-Dame-de-Ste-Foy parish. They arrived in North America beginning in the 1600s.his wonderful sculpture is new.  The church itself is very old but was site of a fire.  It was restored -- without a roof -- and is the site of musical events free to the public.  If it rains the musicians take their instruments to cover!

a paragraph from the website:

"Acquired in 1993 and transformed into a park by the city, the Site patrimonial de la Visitation comprises the ruins of Notre-Dame-de-Foy Church, the Sainte-Foy historical interpretation centre, located in the old presbytery, and a public garden. The park located in the ruins of the old church and the sacristy are used to hold concerts and cultural events during the summer. " 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!