Learning in Québec

My photo
I'm someone who began learning French when I was 53. I took a BA in French at 60 but wasn't happy with my level of comprehension (though I read very well). So, having really become comfortable with Spanish only by living on the Mexican border, I'm spending more time in Québec and near the border of Quebec, in Vermont, to see if I can do that here with French. I want to encourage others to do the same.

Wednesday 26 July 2017

Photograph of photograph of Billie Holiday, Sherbrooke Museum of Fine Arts.  



Friend Stephen picked me up at Sherbrooke bus station (so wonderful) on my most recent return from Quebec City.  Bus leaves Ste. Foy station in Quebec City at 9:10 a.m. and arrives in Sherbrooke at 12:20 p.m. unless -- as on this trip -- it takes a special route to leave someone at University of Sherbrooke.  Didn't arrive until 12:45, but that still left plenty of time to see the Abenaki Gorge and the Museum of Fine Arts which is just at the falls.  It's so worth your visit.  Sherbrooke is the third largest city in Quebec, I think.  I like it.  Only 25 miles north of Vermont.  Best way up from the border is on 143, the back way.  So easy to get lost from the autoroute.

stairway down from Museum parking lot leads to gorge




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!