Learning in Québec

My photo
I'm someone who began learning French when I was 53. I took a BA in French at 60 but wasn't happy with my level of comprehension (though I read very well). So, having really become comfortable with Spanish only by living on the Mexican border, I'm spending more time in Québec and near the border of Quebec, in Vermont, to see if I can do that here with French. I want to encourage others to do the same.

Tuesday 23 January 2018

Un poème et une photo artistique



12 janvier

comme un étau, le temps fuit,
se désaltère, s’accroche à l’étouffée 
tout autour, attirance immodérée 
s’agitant au gré du vent,
percutant à tout venant
toutefois, j’irai choir indubitablement
mots dans ma tête, blessée d’avance
leftovers/ leftlovers




(I think the poem above, by friend Io, could also be titled derrière la porte... but so could the photograph she sends with.   Here you see a little of her reflected back from  mirror she's hung in the neck opening of Vermont tee-shirt last seen in September hanging on the back of a door..  It's loony, n'est-ce pas?  

Here's a Google instant translation of the poem:

January 12

like a vise, time flies, quenches, clings to the muffled all around, immoderate attraction moving with the wind, hard-hitting to everyone however, I will undoubtedly fall words in my head, hurt in advance leftovers / leftlovers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!