Learning in Québec

My photo
I'm someone who began learning French when I was 53. I took a BA in French at 60 but wasn't happy with my level of comprehension (though I read very well). So, having really become comfortable with Spanish only by living on the Mexican border, I'm spending more time in Québec and near the border of Quebec, in Vermont, to see if I can do that here with French. I want to encourage others to do the same.

Tuesday 24 July 2018

Les campeurs au Bel-View

They are more than before - plus q'avant? - our campers here at BelView Campground from Québec.  Last week, two young women with a tent.  This week, a young man and woman from Quebec City, in a tent.  The young woman asked if I had some paper for starting a fire.  I don`t know if it helped -- the full issue of 7 Days --
because last night we had a drizzle that made it hard to start a fire.

Tonight we have a full moon, I think, but they returned for Quebec City  this morning.  I wish they were here, to see it.  I wish I could have asked them for a ride to Québec.

Haven`t been up yet.  Waiting to find a ride to Sherbrooke to catch the bus, then someone to pick me up in Sherbrooke when I return.  Transportation is difficult in northern Vermont.

Mais, la lune, la lune, égale a la lune là.  

And here`s another couple, who came some time back.  They went for a dip in the pool made by the waterfall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!