Learning in Québec

My photo
I'm someone who began learning French when I was 53. I took a BA in French at 60 but wasn't happy with my level of comprehension (though I read very well). So, having really become comfortable with Spanish only by living on the Mexican border, I'm spending more time in Québec and near the border of Quebec, in Vermont, to see if I can do that here with French. I want to encourage others to do the same.

Monday 13 May 2019

found in a chapbook, Lantana Leaves, c1990



Below is a two page entry in a chapbook, Lantana Leaves, published in 1990, Austin, Full Court Press.  I probably wrote it during the 18 years I lived on the Mexican border.  Isla de Mujeres should really just be Isla Mujeres, Women Island, not Island of Women.  I scanned this instead of retyping it, so this is as big as it gets.  It had to be scanned as a JPEG to be uploaded here.  Actually, it brings back a very early memory of Quebec City, from the early 1970s.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!