Learning in Québec

My photo
I'm someone who began learning French when I was 53. I took a BA in French at 60 but wasn't happy with my level of comprehension (though I read very well). So, having really become comfortable with Spanish only by living on the Mexican border, I'm spending more time in Québec and near the border of Quebec, in Vermont, to see if I can do that here with French. I want to encourage others to do the same.

Wednesday 16 November 2022

La première neige cette année

 

OUF! 


She sends proof of how her world changed
while she dreamt of an endless autumn. 

Old man Freud’s interpretation with explanation:  the power of wishful thinking.  Freud and froid, French for cold, slept alongside, like wooden spoons she won’t have to use for kindling.

Hydro-Québec will keep her warm these coming nights with cold Old Man Winter.

Pour de longs mois, she writes.  For long months.  Nous y sommes.  We’re there.  OUF!!!

Proof.

 

Foto par Iolande Jolicoeur, Nov. 16, 2022

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!