Learning in Québec

My photo
I'm someone who began learning French when I was 53. I took a BA in French at 60 but wasn't happy with my level of comprehension (though I read very well). So, having really become comfortable with Spanish only by living on the Mexican border, I'm spending more time in Québec and near the border of Quebec, in Vermont, to see if I can do that here with French. I want to encourage others to do the same.

Monday 23 February 2009

Je suis ici, à la gauche.



This shows the back of the building I live in, seen from across the alley off Grande Allée. The door to the back foyer is to the left in the picture. The two windows are mine. When the huge snow machine moves past, all light is blocked; the tiny apartment becomes dark as night, but otherwise it's well lit, especially with morning sun, since it faces east toward the St. Lawrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!