Learning in Québec

My photo
I'm someone who began learning French when I was 53. I took a BA in French at 60 but wasn't happy with my level of comprehension (though I read very well). So, having really become comfortable with Spanish only by living on the Mexican border, I'm spending more time in Québec and near the border of Quebec, in Vermont, to see if I can do that here with French. I want to encourage others to do the same.

Wednesday 8 April 2009

Ah, les jeunes de la Faubourg St. Jean Baptiste!







On the first beautifully sunny day of the new season I took a picture of these young people in the church courtyard. Aren't they beautiful? The young woman, who came to talk to me, is Zoë. She works at the Épicerie J.A. Moison on rue St. Jean (oldest established green grocer in North America, says its sign). Zoë says she's learning to play guitar and harmonica. She's francophone but lived in British Colombia and speaks English too. She's as bright as new spring sunshine.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!