Learning in Québec

My photo
I'm someone who began learning French when I was 53. I took a BA in French at 60 but wasn't happy with my level of comprehension (though I read very well). So, having really become comfortable with Spanish only by living on the Mexican border, I'm spending more time in Québec and near the border of Quebec, in Vermont, to see if I can do that here with French. I want to encourage others to do the same.

Friday 5 November 2010

En Fin

Hello at last,

Here near the Quebec border in Vermont I'm not connected to the internet; I come to the little public library to use a computer. That's part of why I haven't entered much here, though I have pictures of when my dear friend Danelle came from Texas and went with me to Quebec City, and certainly I have poems and pictures from other visits made there since I came back north in late July. It's something about reality, something about grief.

But I have to mention that Monique Laforce Virgule Poète, Michèle Blanchet and Richard Fournier are coming to Barton and Glover to read their poems in French (with some English translations). They will read once at Bread and Puppet,in Glover, then at the Barton Public Library, and the next day at Resto Millie's in Stanstead.

Tout semble difficil. Il n'y a pas une fois quand tous les choses dont j'ai besoin sont ensemble, et alors je n'ecris pas beaucoup ni ici ni chez moi. Mais, ceci est important pour moi, que mes amis nous visitent, et je crois aussi pour la region, alors ... la poster au-dessous n'est pas correct, par example. Richard FOURNIER n'est pas Fourtier, et nous n'avons pas un lecture au Runaway Café, mais ...je l'ai fait en PAINT et je ne sais pas comment le changer.

ceci est quelque chose, quelque chose de poésie ... et des amis de la ville de Québec, la belle ville.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!