Learning in Québec

My photo
I'm someone who began learning French when I was 53. I took a BA in French at 60 but wasn't happy with my level of comprehension (though I read very well). So, having really become comfortable with Spanish only by living on the Mexican border, I'm spending more time in Québec and near the border of Quebec, in Vermont, to see if I can do that here with French. I want to encourage others to do the same.

Friday 19 November 2010

TROIS POÈTES SONT VENUS POUR NOUS!


Michèle Blanchet (front, left), Monique Laforce (front, center) and Richard Fournier (in back on right) came from Quebec City to give three poetry readings on both sides of the Quebec/Vermont border. They came across to Vermont on Saturday, Nov. 13 after a drive down from Quebec City. This picture was taken after their second reading, at the Barton Public Library. With them is Toni Eubanks, librarian for Barton and Glover (front, right) and also yours truly, Sylvia Manning (in back, in black). They had already given a wonderful first reading at the Bread and Puppet theatre in Glover, from which we have no pictures here but some very good ones in a review in the Orleans County Chronicle of Nov. 17, 2010.




Here the three poets stand in front of Resto Millie's in Stanstead, Quebec. Their last reading, billed Brunch & Poetry, was here, just barely back across the line. This reading was filmed, so we hope to have a link to that video.

It was beautiful. Everything. The poems, the weather, the way people listened, the way they responded, the graciousness of Elka and Peter Schumann, Toni Eubanks, Bashar at Resto Millie's, Nancy Nourse with RythmeBeat. Tous. Merci beaucoup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!