Learning in Québec

My photo
I'm someone who began learning French when I was 53. I took a BA in French at 60 but wasn't happy with my level of comprehension (though I read very well). So, having really become comfortable with Spanish only by living on the Mexican border, I'm spending more time in Québec and near the border of Quebec, in Vermont, to see if I can do that here with French. I want to encourage others to do the same.

Saturday 21 July 2012

L'Universe de Michel Tremblay

With a membership, you can go to the museum as much as you like.  This morning was my fourth to L'Musée de la Civilisation.  Today I saw Manga Dreams, very good; but really I was there to sit again in the starry darkness of the magnificent exhibit, L'Universe de Michel Tremblay. 

It's up though August 18.  It's a mini-graduate course (or better).  See it if you can.

Michel Tremblay has writen 28 plays, 22 novels, 4 collections of personal stories/essays (personal essays?), a collection of short stories, 39 translations and adaptations, 7 film and tv scripts, 1 opera libretto, 2 musicals, and lyrics for a dozen songs.  More or less.

Here's a good link to a brief article with photograph of Tremblay in his early years as a writer:  http://larevolutiontranquille.ca/fr/michel-tremblay.php

and here's for the museum page about the exhibit:

http://www.mcq.org/fr/presse/presse.php?idEx=w3359

I'm at the Gabrielle Roy with a bibliography in hand to find more of his early works, so won't have much more to say for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!