Learning in Québec

My photo
I'm someone who began learning French when I was 53. I took a BA in French at 60 but wasn't happy with my level of comprehension (though I read very well). So, having really become comfortable with Spanish only by living on the Mexican border, I'm spending more time in Québec and near the border of Quebec, in Vermont, to see if I can do that here with French. I want to encourage others to do the same.

Sunday 22 July 2012

"En ville ..." dit Albertine ...


Maybe you've read Michel Tremblay's Albertine des Cinq Temps?  Five women play five stages in the life of a woman named Albertine, and then there's also their sister Madeline. I read it quickly to turn it in at the library, because I'm going back to Vermont tomorrow and do not know exactly when I can return, as I'm still without an automobile and transportation in northern Vermont is nonexistent. (There's a bus from Sherbrooke to here, but nothing from the border to Sherbrooke.)

I love so much the perfect sophrone's line said by Albertine-at-30: "En ville, le monde est petit." And then, soon, "En ville, le monde existe pas."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!