Learning in Québec

My photo
I'm someone who began learning French when I was 53. I took a BA in French at 60 but wasn't happy with my level of comprehension (though I read very well). So, having really become comfortable with Spanish only by living on the Mexican border, I'm spending more time in Québec and near the border of Quebec, in Vermont, to see if I can do that here with French. I want to encourage others to do the same.

Monday 30 July 2012

Par autobus de Sherbrooke, une semaine plus tard

A week later, I`m back.  By good fortune, a neighbor was travelling to Montreal and didn't mind leaving me at the Sherbrooke bus station, 80 rue Depot, in the old train depot.  There's no longer a passenger train from Sherbrooke to la Ville de Québec, but the depot has been kept in good shape with a pleasant coffee shop.  The bus left at 9:10 am.  (I was up by 5.)  It arrived on time at the grand old depot here at 12:45.  The price for a ticket if the passenger is over 65 is different coming from Sherbrooke than going there.  About $47 Canadian dollars to come; about $41 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!