Learning in Québec

My photo
I'm someone who began learning French when I was 53. I took a BA in French at 60 but wasn't happy with my level of comprehension (though I read very well). So, having really become comfortable with Spanish only by living on the Mexican border, I'm spending more time in Québec and near the border of Quebec, in Vermont, to see if I can do that here with French. I want to encourage others to do the same.

Monday 16 July 2012

Vraiment?

Here again at long last, in these pages and in this lovely city. It's been so long, I'd forgotten the password. But I'd never forget this lovely statue who's been all these months, 20 of them since last I wrote here and nearly that many since last I saw her, sitting and reading outside the old St. Matthew's Anglican Church made into a library, on rue St. Jean Baptiste in le faubourg St. Jean Baptiste.
The summer festival ended yesterday. The next-to-last performance was Bettye Lavette at Place d'Youville, where one can still enjoy the show from beyond the official site if for any reason you could not buy a pass. Bettye Lavette has been singing Motown soul jazz for 50 years. She's 66 now and still sounds great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!