Learning in Québec

My photo
I'm someone who began learning French when I was 53. I took a BA in French at 60 but wasn't happy with my level of comprehension (though I read very well). So, having really become comfortable with Spanish only by living on the Mexican border, I'm spending more time in Québec and near the border of Quebec, in Vermont, to see if I can do that here with French. I want to encourage others to do the same.

Tuesday 12 November 2013

ALLO APRES TRES LONGTEMPS!


J'ai trouvé comment entrer! Je l'avais perdu le passemot! Et, je n'ai pas un ordinateur avec les marques francaises. Mais, je peut essayer écrire quelque chose. O, j'ai perdu aussi mon camera, alors, ....
neanmois, allo!


Was not in Quebec as much as usually this past summer and autumn. Writing now from Texas, by the way. Returned here in October. Just before returning, my dear friend Loraine Janowski and I found the Lavendre Bleu (or is it Bleu Lavendre?) lavender farm near Fitchville. When I find the camera I'll post some pictures from there.

Also have lots of pictures from Chicoutimi. Have to find the camera and the character map.

I did visit Quebec City on the way to Chicoutimi. Made a road trip there with friend Philip. I've wanted to go to Chicoutimi for a long time, just for how wonderful the sound of it is.

Saw Monique Laforce, of course. Monique is a grandmother now! Yes! Her grandson Teodor was born in October.

There's much to say to catch up. It's wonderful to be back in. I'll see if this publishes and say adieu.

For now, if it's in italics it's French even if the diacritics aren't available. I don't want to write in all caps -- lettres majuscules.

Reading Balzac, Le Lys dans le Vallee. Learned from Monique that one says the final S in Lys. Otherwise, she mentions, it would sound just like lis, bed. Learned several new words just from a few paragraphs, this morning. Ici ils sont: drogman, le courardise, effaroucher, exorde, maratre, esquiver, poussif, savamment. (Tous sans les marques, perdonez-moi.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!