Learning in Québec

My photo
I'm someone who began learning French when I was 53. I took a BA in French at 60 but wasn't happy with my level of comprehension (though I read very well). So, having really become comfortable with Spanish only by living on the Mexican border, I'm spending more time in Québec and near the border of Quebec, in Vermont, to see if I can do that here with French. I want to encourage others to do the same.

Friday 12 September 2014

Allo

So I've found a way in again. Writing from the Vermont campsite where many Quebecois come. This morning it's cold; luckily, we have nobody in tents. Well, it's not that cold.

Monique Laforce has a new book to be launched October 26. I hope to be there for that. This month a poem of hers that I translated will be in Waterways: Poetry in the Mainstream, published in New York City.

I'll see if this posts -- il y a longtemps -- and then maybe I'll learn to use my gadget that takes pictures. Then I'll be set for the month in Quebec City not too far from now, where surely I can find a computer with French markings at the lovely libraries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!