Learning in Québec

My photo
I'm someone who began learning French when I was 53. I took a BA in French at 60 but wasn't happy with my level of comprehension (though I read very well). So, having really become comfortable with Spanish only by living on the Mexican border, I'm spending more time in Québec and near the border of Quebec, in Vermont, to see if I can do that here with French. I want to encourage others to do the same.

Monday 3 November 2014

Du Clef USB Perdu et Remplacé


Ah, voici! J'ai perdu mon clef USB et j'ai eu d'acheter un autre. Maintenant nous pouvons voir une photo de Monique Laforce, au gauche, au lancement de sa livre écrit avec Laurier Vieilleux.
The photograph on the right is of Laurier and Monique at their book launching on Oct. 26 at the Fou-Bar, rue St. Jean Baptiste. These photos were taken, fortunately, by Claude Antar, their friend and fellow poet. I just happened to be standing at corner of rue St. Jean Baptiste and le boulevard Honoré-Mérité when Claude also was there, waiting for the light. We spoke of how lovely the event was, but I had to express my sadness that there were no photographs. He said, "But I took some. I'll send them to you." Et voila! Nous avons des photos! Merci a Claude!

Hier j'ai traduí six ou sept poèmes écrit par Monique, du français à l'anglais.

Ce moin nous avons toutes les deux des poèmes en le petit journal de poésie, Waterways: Poetry in the Mainstream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!