Learning in Québec

My photo
I'm someone who began learning French when I was 53. I took a BA in French at 60 but wasn't happy with my level of comprehension (though I read very well). So, having really become comfortable with Spanish only by living on the Mexican border, I'm spending more time in Québec and near the border of Quebec, in Vermont, to see if I can do that here with French. I want to encourage others to do the same.

Friday 23 January 2015

Irshad Manji and sanity

If the conversation following events in Paris has you afraid your questions and thoughts are nowhere in the public narrative, go to Irshad Manji.  I was so glad to hear her interviewed on National Public Radio, several days after the sad events and subsequent reactions.  I was so glad to hear her sane comments, glad I'd made a link here on this BlogSpot to her own site, many years ago.  I have no idea where the links have gone -- once so easy to see --  but I'm trying here to give links to her site, Moral Courage, and to the NPR radio interview as well.  It was on January 15.

--http://irshadmanji.com/irshad  (to her website)

http://www.npr.org/2015/01/11/376496288/despite-charlie-hebdo-optimism-on-the-future-of-islam-in-europe      to the National Public Radio interview

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sylvia, I've been enjoying your own poems and your translations of Monique's, in Waterways for a long time. I finally asked Rich about both you and Monique. He gave me this blog address. I hope you don't mind but I'm putting up a link to it on my dreams & poetry blog (http://roswila-dreamspoetry.blogspot.com). Thanks for your own wonderful poems and your translations of Monique's terrific work. Patricia Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry that it's taken me so long to reply. I don't do so well with computer stuff. But I DO appreciate your comments here. I'm going now to your blog.

      Aren't Richard and Barbara amazing?

      Delete

Leave a comment!