Learning in Québec

My photo
I'm someone who began learning French when I was 53. I took a BA in French at 60 but wasn't happy with my level of comprehension (though I read very well). So, having really become comfortable with Spanish only by living on the Mexican border, I'm spending more time in Québec and near the border of Quebec, in Vermont, to see if I can do that here with French. I want to encourage others to do the same.

Thursday 2 April 2015

MEMOIRE MINERALE/ STONE MEMORY

Good news which I'll say in English as I'm at a computer without a way to make French diacritic marks (or anyway I can't find them.)  Ten Penny Players has published a chapbook of a long poem by Monique Laforce in bilingual format.  The translated title is Stone Memory.  Translation to English by Sylvia Manning and Monique Laforce.

We thank Barbara Fisher and Richard Spiegel, the publishers.

Alors, sans les marques?  Un poeme longue par Monique Laforce, tradui par elle et moi ensemble, avec le titre en anglais de Stone Memory, est publiee par Ten Penny Press a New York City.  Nous les remercions a Barbara Fisher et Richard Spiegel. Better mention of this when I find a computer that speaks French.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!