Learning in Québec

My photo
I'm someone who began learning French when I was 53. I took a BA in French at 60 but wasn't happy with my level of comprehension (though I read very well). So, having really become comfortable with Spanish only by living on the Mexican border, I'm spending more time in Québec and near the border of Quebec, in Vermont, to see if I can do that here with French. I want to encourage others to do the same.

Tuesday 10 March 2009

devant le grand Hôtel Le Lowe's Concorde, (poème)








Appartements pour Touristes
with 24-hour parking

old brick house
across from huge hotel
rising twenty-six floors
people dining
on the top (round) floor
looking down on you, you
decently modest house
if once magnificent
for your view

beyond and over
the gates of la
vieille ville

on rue St. Louis
down to where
the ships dock
even now, there
beyond the lovely
Chateau Frontenac?



from my Des Recettes de Quittance (ou Reçus)

23-02-09 on receipt dated 06-10-08 from Épicerie Santé du Quartier, $2.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!