Learning in Québec

My photo
I'm someone who began learning French when I was 53. I took a BA in French at 60 but wasn't happy with my level of comprehension (though I read very well). So, having really become comfortable with Spanish only by living on the Mexican border, I'm spending more time in Québec and near the border of Quebec, in Vermont, to see if I can do that here with French. I want to encourage others to do the same.

Thursday 5 March 2009

Monsieur Chat ici à la Ville de Québec


Tony has sent me a package with a digital camera, received today. My first picture was of Monsieur Chat as he appears above rue St. Jean in Faubourg St.-Jean-Baptiste.

Beneath is a poem I wrote some time back with its footnote saying somebody should take a picture.




a triolet for Monsieur Chat
who has come all the way from Europe



Don’t worry for Mister Cat getting wet in the Atlantic.
This one on rue St. Jean has wing things. He can fly.
You’d agree, Quebec’s cat seems slightly less frantic.
(Don’t worry for Mister Cat getting wet in the Atlantic.)
And he speaks, at last, which may explain why he’s less manic.
“Expos-tes” says his word balloon — though who on earth knows why.
Don’t worry for Mister Cat getting wet in the Atlantic.
This one on rue St. Jean has wing things. He can fly.






And here's the website for the Wikipedia article about Monsieur Chat: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/M._Chat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!