Learning in Québec

My photo
I'm someone who began learning French when I was 53. I took a BA in French at 60 but wasn't happy with my level of comprehension (though I read very well). So, having really become comfortable with Spanish only by living on the Mexican border, I'm spending more time in Québec and near the border of Quebec, in Vermont, to see if I can do that here with French. I want to encourage others to do the same.

Monday 4 May 2009

Au revoir et merci ....




Malhereusement, je pars de la belle ville, mercredi. C'est difficile le faire quand il fait si doux. On espoit à revenir bientôt.

Je remercie la ville soi-même, à tous les citoyennes, mais particulièrement à Mathieu Lizotte -- artiste, musician, écrivain, étudiant, ami, bon humain -- qui m'a aidée tellement...;




aussi je remercie Monique Laforce, poète, pour les heures de collaboration en faisant traductions de ses poèmes...;

je remercie Renée Lachance, qui m'a aidée beaucoup, avec la traduction et aussi pour connaitre la ville meillure...;
je remercie leComité Populaire de la Faubourg, Les Amis de la Terre, la Bibliothèque St. Jean Baptiste et la Bibliothèque Gabrielle Roy...;


la librarie Nelligan et Pierre qui travaille là...;

Jean-François qui m'a louyée la pièd-a-terre...;


Itzela Sosa, qui va traduire la première biographie de Flora Tristan (écrit en 1845) à l'espagnol...;

Connie Berg for two great writing sessions that were extremely helpful...;


all the bus drivers but especially the écobus drivers...;


sweet Tony who called me every night...;

c'est-à-dire: tous.


On remercie.


P.S. For about 6-8 weeks, I'll be sharing pictures and notes from my time here but won't actually be here in Québec. Plan to return for the summer festival.

If you`d like to study French in Québec, check out the FLE program at Université Laval. I think you could still register. It's a relatively inexpensive and really good program.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!